Thursday, November 11, 2010

Bag, Cat No Longer Together

Over the weekend I was out and about, going to Home Depot and checking out the paint selection. I had already gathered a handful of paint chips from Lowe's, looking for the perfect R5 red-orange but was unsuccessful. At Home Depot they had a color that was closer to what I was after but I think I'll still need to experiment. There's a Behr color called "Red Hot" that might be an excellent base coat. Honestly I won't really know until I paint something and put it against the rest of the droid.

This is where I spilled the beans. I was keeping it to myself the same reason I keep most projects like this to myself -- I don't want people harassing me about how it's going. The wife was with me at Home Depot and, though distracted by the Christmas junk for a while, she caught me comparing reds and oranges in the paint department.

All this time I'd been disguising my research on droids as assistance for Tim's custom droid. It was a half truth - I really am sharing everything I discovered with Tim. I can spend most of the day looking around at all kinds of info and report back to him rather informed, concise packets of data... but I was also looking for my own info on droids.

Ah well - turns out she was OK with it. I just have to do some major cleaning in the basement to make room for the workspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment